1) What is your mission? The purpose drives the first the cartridge and the size of the pistol.
A) This will tell you what cartridge you want.
B) Size of the firearm
2) The firearms has to be reliable – the gun must function correctly every time
3) Fit, Does the handgun fit you and your hand. Therefore, we recommend our Enhanced Basic Handgun class prior to purchasing your first handgun. You will have the opportunity to shoot and test over 30 different handguns to find the right handgun for you. A handgun that fits you, You will shoot better under stress.
4) Manufacture’s quality. Are they known for making a quality gun? Stick with a good manufacture. All the pistols in our Enhanced Basic Handgun class are known quality handguns.
5) Manufacture’s customer service. Do they provide good custom service after the sale? No one makes a perfect product 100% of the time. When they screw up are they good about taking care of the problem.
6) Accessories, can you get spare part, magazines, holsters. Do you want to attach a flashlight or laser? Are they readily available. All are important question for deciding what handgun to purchase.
7) Price. Price is the bottom of the list. Quality handgun can be purchase from around $300.00 up to the sky’s the limit. Very good quality from about $350.00 to $1000.00. These firearms will last you for your life time if taken care of properly. So, price should not be the overriding factor but steps 1 to 6 should be.