Florida Armed Guard Training Class G License
To work armed security services in Florida, you must obtain the Class G Security License.
The Florida Statewide Firearms License course is 28-hours delivered by the best firearms instructors in the industry.
Gulf Firearms Instruction trainers are Florida Certified Armed Guard trainers, we have both a Florida Armed Guard Training Class G License and Florida Armed Guard Training Class K License.
Florida requires any candidate for G license to have a D license and then take the 28 hours G license training class that includes classroom instruction and a firearms qualification.
Gulf Firearms Instruction trainers are certified to teach the G license and are also certified to perform the 4-hour qualification and renewal required each year.
Class Requirements are duty belt, holster, at least three magazines or speed loaders, 250 rounds of ammunition, hat, ear and eye protection and a notebook.
- applicants must complete the 28-hour Class G license training that includes classroom instruction and a firearms qualification
- applicants must submit a completed application to the Division of Licensing the Statewide Firearms License
- applicants must have or be in the process of obtaining a Security D License or Private Investigator License to be eligible for the Class G Security License
- applicants must be 18 years of age to apply for the armed security license
- must be either a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident alien
The cost is only $200.00 for your first guard with discounts available for multiple guards being trained in the same day.