NRA Basic Rifle
This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle. Learn firearms safety and how to use a rifle well.
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- rifle parts and operation
- rifle ammunition
- laws on purchasing a rifle
- rifle storage
- rifle transportation
- shooting fundamentals
- range rules
- shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions
- cleaning your rifle
- opportunities for skill development
Students will receive:
- the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
At the conclusion of the course students will take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate.
- willingness to learn
- a notebook
- hat with a brim
- refreshments / snacks.
- your own a rifle (if you have a rifle)
- 60 rounds of ammunition (this is not a requirement)